This nutritious salad is easy to make and is ready in under 15 minutes! It can be enjoyed hot or cold, with meat or with fish.
Approximate nutrition per serving: 116kcal / 8.6g fat / 5.1 saturated fat / 10.5g total carbohydrates / 4g fibre / 6.5g net carbohydrates / 3.2g protein.
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 50g shallot, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10g fresh turmeric, finely chopped / grated
- 2½ teaspoons whole coriander seeds (or ground if without spice grinder / pestle and mortar)
- 1½ teaspoons whole cumin seeds (“)
- 15g fresh ginger, finely grated
- Handful of fresh coriander, about 10g
- 2½ tablespoons grass-fed butter / ghee
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large ceramic dish.
- Grind the whole coriander seeds and the cumin seeds.
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower florets, shallot, crushed garlic, fresh turmeric, fresh ginger, and ground spices into the dish. Roast in the oven until the broccoli and cauliflower are tender, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the dish to a food processor and briefly blend. Add 1½ tablespoons of butter, roughly torn fresh coriander, and a pinch of sea salt into the food processor and mix again.
- Serve hot or cold.