These dark, indulgent Almond Butter Fudge Brownies are rich and moist, Paleo and Keto-friendly, and sugar and gluten-free – what more could one ask for?!
Makes 18-20 brownies
Approximate nutrition per brownie: 171kcal / 15.1g fat / 6.4g saturated fat / 4.1g total carbohydrates / 2.3g fibre / 1.8g net carbohydrates / 4.7g protein.
- 135g ground almonds
- 60g organic cacao powder
- 75g extra-virgin coconut oil
- 75g grass-fed butter
- 120g smooth almond butter, plus extra for topping (optional)
- 3 organic, free-range, medium-sized eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic ground vanilla or 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda (aluminium free)
- A handful of flaked almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan). Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish (I used a 16cm², 3cm deep dish).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds, cacao powder, ground vanilla (not vanilla extract, if using), and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
- Using a bain-marie, melt the coconut oil and butter. One melted, add the almond butter and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut oil/butter/almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the eggs and add to the brownie mixture. If using vanilla extract, add now and stir.
- Spoon the mixture into the ceramic dish and level the top. If using, swirl in some extra almond butter on top and scatter a handful of flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 18-23 minutes, until the brownies are cooked but slightly gooey in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to slightly cool before slicing and serving.