Simply pair bacon, peas, and mint with low carb courgetti to create a tasty, light lunch!
Approximate nutrition per serving: 208kcal / 15.7g fat / 9.3g saturated fat / 9.7g total carbohydrates/ 3.9g fibre / 5.8g net carbohydrates/ 7g protein.
- 230g courgette (about 1½), spiralised with the strands cut in half.
- ½ shallot (about 10g), finely chopped
- 80g frozen peas
- 35g organic, free-range, unsmoked bacon, cut into small chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- Sea salt
- Lightly crush the garlic clove using the flat of a knife.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, over a medium heat. Gently sauté the shallot with the whole garlic clove until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the bacon to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes before adding the peas, a few fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped), and a pinch of sea salt.
- Once the peas and bacon are cooked through, remove the garlic clove and add the spiralised courgette and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Mix well, and cook for approximately one minute.
- Serve with extra fresh mint sprigs on top!