I enjoy these dark chocolate truffles with a coffee, as an after-dinner treat, or whenever I walk past the fridge!
Makes about 45 truffles, depending on size.
Approximate nutrition per serving (four truffles): 106kcal / 9.6g fat / 5.6g saturated fat / 3.2g total carbohydrates / 1.2g fibre / 2g net carbohydrates / 1.6g protein. These values will vary depending on the chocolate used.
- 120g dark chocolate (I use 100%)
- 1 medium avocado (120g flesh)
- 125g coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground vanilla
- Desiccated coconut to decorate
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Roughly chop the avocado and blend in a food processor with the coconut milk until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate (and sweetener, if using) to the food processor and blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place some desiccated coconut into a bowl. Form a small amount of the chocolate mixture into a ball, then roll it in the coconut. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
The truffles are best kept in the fridge.