These Moroccan Chicken Kebabs are ideal for a tasty family lunch or supper!
Kebabs (makes 4-6 depending on skewer length):
Approximate nutrition per kebab: 287kcal / 14.1g fat / 5.5g saturated fat / 11.5g total carbs / 3.3g fibre / 8.2g net carbs / 28.6g protein.
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¾ of a 2 inch Ceylon cinnamon stick (about 3g)
- 2 cloves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, finely sliced
- 500g organic, free-range chicken thighs, cut into medium chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into eighths
- 2½ courgettes, medium slices
- 2 tablespoons organic, grass-fed butter
Cauliflower couscous (serves 4-6):
Approximate nutriton per serving: 146kcal / 8.3g fat / 5g saturated fat / 5.9g total carbs / 2.3g fibre / 3.6g net carbs / 4.4g protein.
- 2 heads of cauliflower (about 600g)
- A large bunch of fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons organic, grass-fed butter
4-6 metal skewers
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz the coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a spice grinder (or pestle and mortar) until finely ground. Add to a large bowl with the crushed garlic and chicken. Mix until the chicken is well-coated with the spices. Ideally, leave to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Stack the courgette, red onion, chicken, and lemon on a long metal skewer.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large ceramic dish / tray.
- Place the kebabs into the dish, turning to coat them in butter. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- 5 minutes before the kebabs are ready, lightly steam the cauliflower until tender. Transfer to a food processor and blitz until it resembles couscous. Add a generous handful of fresh coriander (stalks and leaves) and 3 tablespoons of butter. Blitz again and set aside.
- Serve the kebabs with raw grass-fed yoghurt / coconut yoghurt, and cauliflower couscous.