Perfect for a light, summer’s lunch, this salad uses staple ingredients to provide a delicious array of nutrients. I alternate ingredients such as the choice of fish depending on what I have in the cupboard.
Approximate nutrition per serving: 550kcal / 45.9g fat / 7g saturated fat / 9.3g total carbs / 4.6g fibre / 4.8g net carbs / 24.8g protein
- 1 can wild-caught mackerel (Waitrose) – drained weight of 88g (or sardines / Sockeye salmon)
- 1 bag of organic mixed leaf salad (including rocket)
- 6 olives – I use a mixture of organic green and black Kalamata olives (Gaea)
- ½ lemon
- 1½ tablespoons raw, unpasteurised apple cider vinegar (Biona Organic)
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin, cold-pressed avocado or olive oil (Olivado)
- A pinch of sea salt (Maldon)
- Drain the can of fish and add to a large bowl along with the salad leaves and olives.
- Grate the zest of half a lemon into the salad.
- Dress the salad with apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, and sea salt to taste.