After trying these, it’s hard to imagine ever buying ready-made sausages again! With only three ingredients, they are so simple to cook, gluten-free, and contain no sugars, preservatives, or flours. These roasted Rosemary and Ginger Sausages make a tasty addition to a weekend barbecue or alternatively, prepare in batches for on-the-go lunches throughout the week.
Serve with sweet potato chips and seasonal purple sprouting broccoli – appetising options for a Paleo or Ketogenic diet!
Nutrition per 5 sausages: 221.5 kcal / 12.3g fat / 6g saturated fat / 2g total carbohydrates / 0.5g fibre / 1.5g net carbs / 25.7g protein
These sausages are not very high in fat so pairing them with homemade mayonnaise is a delicious way to increase the fat content.
- 500g organic, free-range pork mince
- 30g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary (about 10g), leaves finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons grass-fed butter / ghee
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan).
- Using a fork, mash the mince to create a finer consistency.
- Add the ginger and rosemary and mix until well combined.
- Melt the butter in a large ceramic dish.
- Hand-form mince into mini cocktail sausages and place into the dish.
- Roast the sausages for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.