Full of simple, flavoursome ingredients, this recipe is sure to provide your body with a range of nutrients. I enjoy this versatile dish hot or cold, as a quick lunch on the go or a satiating supper on a summer’s evening.
Nutrition per serving: 510 kcal / 39.5g fat / 9.8g saturated fat / 18.5g total carbs / 12.46g fibre / 6.04g net carbs / 29g protein.
(The protein in this recipe is higher than my personal intake per meal so I simply divide the recipe into 3 servings instead. This makes a more ketogenic meal which suits my current requirements and goals.)
- 2 wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon fillets (about 220g)
- 2 medium avocados
- 300g courgette
- 1 lemon
- 4 handfuls rocket leaves, with extra to finish
- 5g fresh ginger
- 1½ tablespoons grasss-fed ghee / butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan). Melt ½ tablespoon of ghee in a ceramic dish before placing the salmon fillets on top. Grate the fresh ginger over the salmon. Set aside.
- Blitz the avocados, the juice of ¾ of a lemon, 4 handfuls of rocket, and a pinch of sea salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Once the oven is ready, bake the salmon for about 15 minutes – the exact time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Spiralise the courgette to create courgetti.
- Approximately 3 minutes before the salmon is ready, melt the remaining ghee in a large frying pan, add the courgetti and warm through. Flake the salmon and add to the pan along with the rocket pesto. Stir until the pesto is evenly distributed.
- Serve with fresh lemon zest and a few rocket leaves.