Whilst writing this, all that springs to mind is the outrage over Nigella’s avocado on toast recipe! This recipe is also ridiculously simple, includes a much-loved fatty fruit, and is brought to you by a culinary goddess.
Approximate nutrition per serving: 3 eggs = 572kcal / 48.6g fat / 13.7g saturated fat / 13g total carbs / 10g fibre / 3g net carbs / 20.7g protein; 4 eggs = 634kcal / 52.8g fat / 14.9g saturated fat / 26.6g protein.
- 3-4 free-range medium-sized eggs, I use Clarence Court
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed ghee (optional but recommended)
- Soft-boil the eggs, I cook mine (medium-sized) for 4 minutes 30 seconds.
- Peel the skin off the avocado then finely slice lengthways.
- Serve with the ghee on the side. I recommend placing some ghee into the egg and allowing it to melt prior to dunking the avocado!