This warming, nutrient-dense soup uses simple ingredients to create a flavoursome bowl of goodness. It’s ideal to eat when feeling under-the-weather due to the use of anti-inflammatory spices, bone broth, and healthy fats.
Approximate nutriton per serving: 281kcal / 15.7g fat / 8.7g saturated fat / 20g total carbs / 13.6g fibre / 6.4g net carbs / 15g protein (with collagen 325kcal / 26g protein).
- 500g organic cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin
- 1 piece of ginger, thumb-sized, grated
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter
- 450ml chicken bone broth
- Few stalks of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen protein (optional but recommended)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the cauliflower, shallot, garlic, coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin, the whole cumin seeds, half the ginger, 1 ½ tablespoons of butter and half the coriander into a ceramic dish. Roast in the oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- About 5 minutes before the cauliflower is ready, heat the bone broth in a saucepan.
- When cooked, transfer all the ingredients to a blender with the bone broth, remaining ½ tablespoon butter, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ginger, coriander, and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with a fresh coriander leaves and a sprinkle of cumin seeds.