Not only does this soup look incredible, the taste and nutrients provided are equally impressive! Its distinctive taste is sure to warm you up as the days become colder.
This is great for children as it provides a whole range of vitamins as well as healthy fats; they will be so distracted by the colour that they won’t even acknowledge they are eating cabbage!
Ingredients: 165kcal / 8.4g fat / 5.5g saturated fat / 18.3g total carbs / 8.2g fibre / 10.1g net carbs / 4.22g protein (with collagen 209kcal, 15.1g protein).
- 350ml water
- 450g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 30g fresh ginger, grated (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ red onion (about 80g), finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2½ tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (containing ‘Mother’)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee / butter
- Handful fresh thyme
- Pinch of sea salt
- A scoop of grass-fed collagen (optional but recommended)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the ghee on a medium heat. Sauté half the ginger, onion and garlic for a few minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Transfer to a soup maker with the water and red cabbage. Alternatively, use a large saucepan.
- Turn on to a medium-high heat. When the water is boiling, cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until cabbage is soft enough to be blended.
- Blitz in the soup maker (or, if cooking in saucepan, a food processor) until smooth.
- Add the remaining ginger and ghee with the apple cider vinegar, thyme, sea salt, and collagen if using. Blitz again until well combined.
- Serve with a few sprigs of fresh thyme.